Autism Educators: Lesson Plan Content Creator
Digitability is seeking highly motivated and extremely organized educators with autism education teaching experience. We're looking for a candidate who can work with our team to create new curriculum materials during the summer months (with a possible extension and/or full-time employment opportunity.
Become an Autism Educator
As part of Digitability Curriculum Team, you will use your experience in autism education to create curriculum assets that support a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs. This includes, but is not limited to lesson plans and adapted supplemental materials that will be print-ready. If you are a passionate and creative teacher, this is a great opportunity to join an innovative company that is having a significant social impact.
- Producing scripted lesson plan materials using the Digitability framework.
- Maintaining a database of all assets created using Google Apps.
- Managing and reporting progress to Digitability team departments.
- Possible travel to schools to conduct observations of lesson implementation.
- Proof-reading of all educational assets.
- 2+ Years Teaching Experience
- Knowledge of Evidence-based Practices (ABA)
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Experience Managing Docs in Google Drive
- Experience Creating Lesson Plan Materials
- Knowledge of Differentiation
- Superior Organization Skills
- Reliability and Dependability
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Outcome/Results Driven
- Passion for Impact in Education
- Superior Communication Skills
- Moderate to Advanced Experience Integrating Technology into Your Classroom
If you are currently using Digitability or have used our program in the past, be sure to feature this experience in your resume!
Start Date: Summer of 2020
Job type: Part-Time Contractor (possible opportunity for full-time employment)
Compensation: Based on experience.
Location: Digitability’s headquarters is located in Philadelphia, PA. NOTE: Due to COVID, remote employment will be available.
How to Apply: You can apply now using this form.
About Digitability: The path to preparing students for today’s modern workplaces involves many technical moving parts. Digitability is the only scalable, STEM-focused model that continues to be recognized as an innovative solution to the unemployment crisis facing a large and growing population and has been featured on MSNBC, CNET, NPR, TechCrunch, Ted Talks, as well as showcased at Silicon Valley's Social Innovation Summit.
You can learn more about Digitability's award-winning curriculum on our How it Works page.
"As we lead our students into a technology-driven future, Digitability moves students closer to their career and life goals. Digitability not only teaches digital skills, but it also incorporates a positive classroom management behavior system based on financial literacy. Students learn about money, budgets and purchases. It teaches language and concepts found in the workplace setting."
- Jane Cordero
Secondary Special Education Coordinator at Hill Freedman World Academy