Summertime Position Available
Digitability is seeking highly motivated and extremely organized educators with autism education teaching experience to create new curriculum and training materials for our network of special education teachers across the country.
Collaborate with Digitability Implementation Coaches This Summer
As part of Digitability's Summertime Team, you will use your experience in autism education to create curriculum assets that support a wide range of cognitive and behavioral needs as well provide guidance to teachers on using these materials. This includes, but is not limited to scripting lesson plans and brainstorming adapted supplemental materials both in a print-ready format, or Google Docs for virtual environments.
As part of this process, you will work closely with a Digitability Implementation Coach and Creative Director to edit, create, test and organize a large amount of curriculum content. If you are a passionate and creative teacher who is looking for summertime work outside of the classroom, this is a great opportunity to contribute to an innovative company that is having a significant social impact. While this is a short-term, summer position, it could lead to full-time employment opportunities.
- Producing scripted lesson plan materials using the Digitability framework.
- Maintaining a database of all assets created using Google Apps.
- Managing and reporting progress to Digitability team departments.
- Proof-reading and reviewing of all educational assets.
- Supporting Teachers' Use of Digitability Resources Virtually
- Participating in Planning Calls and Scheduled Digitability Production Screenings
- Collaborating with Digitability Implementation Coach and Participating in Coaching Calls
- 2+ Years Teaching Experience
- Knowledge of Evidence-based Practices (ABA)
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Experience Managing Docs in Google Drive
- Experience Creating Lesson Plan Materials
- Knowledge of Differentiation
- Superior Organization Skills
- Reliability and Dependability
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Outcome/Results Driven
- Passion for Impact in Education
- Superior Communication Skills
- Moderate to Advanced Experience Integrating Technology into Your Classroom
- Experience Leading Teacher Training (not required, but a plus!)
If you are currently using Digitability or have used our program in the past, be sure to feature this experience in your application!
Start Date: Summer 2021
Job type: Full-Time and Part-Time Contractor
Compensation: Based on experience.
Location: This is a remote contractor position.
How to Apply: You can apply now using this form.
About Digitability: The path to preparing students for today’s modern workplaces involves many technical moving parts. Digitability is the only scalable, STEM-focused model that continues to be recognized as an innovative solution to the unemployment crisis facing a large and growing population and has been featured on MSNBC, CNET, NPR, TechCrunch, Ted Talks, as well as showcased at Silicon Valley's Social Innovation Summit.
You can learn more about Digitability's award-winning curriculum on our How it Works page.
"As we lead our students into a technology-driven future, Digitability moves students closer to their career and life goals. Digitability not only teaches digital skills, but it also incorporates a positive classroom management behavior system based on financial literacy. Students learn about money, budgets and purchases. It teaches language and concepts found in the workplace setting."
- Jane Cordero
Secondary Special Education Coordinator at Hill Freedman World Academy